Tuesday 11th July, 7.45pm, Knighton Parish Centre, Church Lane, Leicester LE2 3WG
Councillor Adam Clarke is Assistant Mayor with responsibility for Energy and Sustainability. This includes the development of a sustainable transport policy, a target to double the number of daily cyclists, a reduction in the City’s carbon footprint, and improvements in air quality and pollution levels.
With the provisions of the new Bus Services Act 2017, there are opportunities for councils like ours to develop new ways of working with the bus companies.
Councillor Clarke spoke about what the City has done and what it plans to do in these areas. There were a lot of questions and discussion about how this affects us in Knighton.
At the start of the meeting, the Chair provided the following updates.
- A consultant has completed a report on Knighton to provide us with a baseline understanding of the area, population, housing etc. Details of this will be publicised shortly.
- Details of the launch of the Knighton Local Economy Working Group of the Forum.
- Next meetings of the Transport and Open Spaces, Sports and Leisure Working Groups.
- The Leicester Civic Society has agreed to be the asset lock organisation to enable the establishment of a Community Interest Company.
- The forum has conducted some pollution monitoring (details of the results will be posted online shortly).
- A project called Urban Buzz Leicester is starting soon and looking for sites to develop to make them more suitable for bees and other pollinators.